RE: [midatlanticretro] Freeman PC Museum For Sale

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
      I wonder what reserve he has set. I'd bid if it were on the East coast. It
      sure would jump start our museum, gaps or no gaps!

      [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete collection".]

      Jim

      --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:

      > There are such huge glaring gaps in that collection.
      > Not a Televide Personal-Mini or Xerox 16/8 in sight!
      >
      > Back in the late 80's, ACP had a gaggle of MINDSETS
      > for sale. I think they were $300 with the floppy
      > drives, then got lowered to $200 (maybe after the
      > above units sold out). That got you a cartridge only
      > unit. Sadly, I balked :(. I would like to know who
      > bought the things (maybe he only had like 50). As most
      > of us know, the Mindset never caught on, but there was
      > a framegrabber available for it, so for certain types
      > of work, it may have done the trick.
      > And he didn't have a Mindset in this listing either.
      > Go figure (you'd a thought he would have held onto
      > one!).
      >

      > --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Yup, this is at least the fourth or fifth time Dave
      > > Freeman offered his
      > > whole collection.
      > >
      > > I have no idea who would have the funds or time to
      > > purchase it.
      > >

      > > _____

      =Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&
      > > .sig=WZ8tqwKinCI7p46-Ck--Bg> computer Field

      +trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&.sig=f
      > > aIMoKJT2FQzbqsbJZFJsA> trip Swap

      trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&.sig=-5
      > > 2Bmme3BkOCRm7_TpTuMQ> meet
      > > Computer

      2=Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99
      > > &.sig=uA3QPLlybCdZtpQLxdPxrg> security Computer

      2=Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99
      > > &.sig=Q_g6zf6pdAEsR9fV8ki73w> training
      > >
      > > _____
      > >
      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > >

      > > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
      > > on the web.

      > > Yahoo! Terms of Service
      > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      > >

      > > _____

      > Yahoo! for Good
      > Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
        --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
        > [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete
        > collection".]
        >
        > Jim

        It all depends how you define a collection. There's
        loads of stuph I don't care about whatsoever. I'm not
        into this stuph cuz it's kewell or I get to belong to
        a groovy club - I just collect what I like :).
        Granted, I do stray from my mainstay of
        PC-incompatibles, but it's never been, nor ever shall
        be my goal to own every "vintage" puter on the planet.
        So within the confines of my desire to collect, I
        could conceivably have a pretty complete collection
        within 5 years I think. And although you can take a
        deep breath at that point, that doesn't mean the
        interest stops there. I guess the grooviness is where
        you get to say "I got that...and that...and that", and
        you get to play with them now and again. You may have
        a hard time getting people to be interested in your
        (my) collection, but that doesn't make it any less of
        one, nor less interesting. I GET TO SAY WHAT'S COOL TO
        ME!!!
        And I was joking about the "glaring gaps". I just
        enjoyed for a moment revelling in the knowledge that I
        had a few kewell gizmos this guy didn't. Nah nah.

        http://mail.yahoo.com