RE: [midatlanticretro] Freeman PC Museum For Sale

  • BOYD BORRILL
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
      Is this the same Dave Freeman who used to br a distributer to computer retailers back in the late 70's and early 80's or so?

      Ray

      Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
      Yup, this is at least the fourth or fifth time Dave Freeman offered his whole collection.

      I have no idea who would have the funds or time to purchase it.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
        I wonder what reserve he has set. I'd bid if it were on the East coast. It
        sure would jump start our museum, gaps or no gaps!

        [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete collection".]

        Jim

        --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:

        > There are such huge glaring gaps in that collection.
        > Not a Televide Personal-Mini or Xerox 16/8 in sight!
        >
        > Back in the late 80's, ACP had a gaggle of MINDSETS
        > for sale. I think they were $300 with the floppy
        > drives, then got lowered to $200 (maybe after the
        > above units sold out). That got you a cartridge only
        > unit. Sadly, I balked :(. I would like to know who
        > bought the things (maybe he only had like 50). As most
        > of us know, the Mindset never caught on, but there was
        > a framegrabber available for it, so for certain types
        > of work, it may have done the trick.
        > And he didn't have a Mindset in this listing either.
        > Go figure (you'd a thought he would have held onto
        > one!).
        >

        > --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Yup, this is at least the fourth or fifth time Dave
        > > Freeman offered his
        > > whole collection.
        > >
        > > I have no idea who would have the funds or time to
        > > purchase it.
        > >

        > > _____

        =Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&
        > > .sig=WZ8tqwKinCI7p46-Ck--Bg> computer Field

        +trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&.sig=f
        > > aIMoKJT2FQzbqsbJZFJsA> trip Swap

        trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&.sig=-5
        > > 2Bmme3BkOCRm7_TpTuMQ> meet
        > > Computer

        2=Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99
        > > &.sig=uA3QPLlybCdZtpQLxdPxrg> security Computer

        2=Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99
        > > &.sig=Q_g6zf6pdAEsR9fV8ki73w> training
        > >
        > > _____
        > >
        > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        > >

        > > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
        > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
        > > on the web.

        > > Yahoo! Terms of Service
        > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        > >

        > > _____

        > Yahoo! for Good
        > Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
          --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
          > [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete
          > collection".]
          >
          > Jim

          It all depends how you define a collection. There's
          loads of stuph I don't care about whatsoever. I'm not
          into this stuph cuz it's kewell or I get to belong to
          a groovy club - I just collect what I like :).
          Granted, I do stray from my mainstay of
          PC-incompatibles, but it's never been, nor ever shall
          be my goal to own every "vintage" puter on the planet.
          So within the confines of my desire to collect, I
          could conceivably have a pretty complete collection
          within 5 years I think. And although you can take a
          deep breath at that point, that doesn't mean the
          interest stops there. I guess the grooviness is where
          you get to say "I got that...and that...and that", and
          you get to play with them now and again. You may have
          a hard time getting people to be interested in your
          (my) collection, but that doesn't make it any less of
          one, nor less interesting. I GET TO SAY WHAT'S COOL TO
          ME!!!
          And I was joking about the "glaring gaps". I just
          enjoyed for a moment revelling in the knowledge that I
          had a few kewell gizmos this guy didn't. Nah nah.

          http://mail.yahoo.com