RE: [midatlanticretro] Freeman PC Museum For Sale

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2005
      There are such huge glaring gaps in that collection.
      Not a Televide Personal-Mini or Xerox 16/8 in sight!

      Back in the late 80's, ACP had a gaggle of MINDSETS
      for sale. I think they were $300 with the floppy
      drives, then got lowered to $200 (maybe after the
      above units sold out). That got you a cartridge only
      unit. Sadly, I balked :(. I would like to know who
      bought the things (maybe he only had like 50). As most
      of us know, the Mindset never caught on, but there was
      a framegrabber available for it, so for certain types
      of work, it may have done the trick.
      And he didn't have a Mindset in this listing either.
      Go figure (you'd a thought he would have held onto
      one!).

      --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

      > Yup, this is at least the fourth or fifth time Dave
      > Freeman offered his
      > whole collection.
      >
      > I have no idea who would have the funds or time to
      > purchase it.
      >

      > _____

      =Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&
      > .sig=WZ8tqwKinCI7p46-Ck--Bg> computer Field

      +trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&.sig=f
      > aIMoKJT2FQzbqsbJZFJsA> trip Swap

      trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&.sig=-5
      > 2Bmme3BkOCRm7_TpTuMQ> meet
      > Computer

      2=Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99
      > &.sig=uA3QPLlybCdZtpQLxdPxrg> security Computer

      2=Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99
      > &.sig=Q_g6zf6pdAEsR9fV8ki73w> training
      >
      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
      > on the web.

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      >

      > _____

      Yahoo! for Good
    • BOYD BORRILL
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
        Is this the same Dave Freeman who used to br a distributer to computer retailers back in the late 70's and early 80's or so?

        Ray

        Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
        Yup, this is at least the fourth or fifth time Dave Freeman offered his whole collection.

        I have no idea who would have the funds or time to purchase it.

        Pioneer Purveyor of Personal Processing Power
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
          I wonder what reserve he has set. I'd bid if it were on the East coast. It
          sure would jump start our museum, gaps or no gaps!

          [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete collection".]

          Jim

        • Chris M
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
            --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
            > [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete
            > collection".]
            >
            > Jim

            It all depends how you define a collection. There's
            loads of stuph I don't care about whatsoever. I'm not
            into this stuph cuz it's kewell or I get to belong to
            a groovy club - I just collect what I like :).
            Granted, I do stray from my mainstay of
            PC-incompatibles, but it's never been, nor ever shall
            be my goal to own every "vintage" puter on the planet.
            So within the confines of my desire to collect, I
            could conceivably have a pretty complete collection
            within 5 years I think. And although you can take a
            deep breath at that point, that doesn't mean the
            interest stops there. I guess the grooviness is where
            you get to say "I got that...and that...and that", and
            you get to play with them now and again. You may have
            a hard time getting people to be interested in your
            (my) collection, but that doesn't make it any less of
            one, nor less interesting. I GET TO SAY WHAT'S COOL TO
            ME!!!
            And I was joking about the "glaring gaps". I just
            enjoyed for a moment revelling in the knowledge that I
            had a few kewell gizmos this guy didn't. Nah nah.

            http://mail.yahoo.com