Re: OT: Looks like two IBM 3286 terminals available

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2009
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Dromgoole" <drummy@...> wrote:

      > Listed as two AS 400 terminals in Brick Twp NJ 08724
      >
      > Auction ends Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM ET
      >
      > So far there are no bids. Bids start at $5.00
      >

      > http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDisplay.cfm?itemID=7&acctID=2211
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Terminal-ibm3486.jpg

      D'oh! We just threw away dozens of those where I work. Actually, threw away is the wrong term, our new masters decided they could 'resell' everything to a recycler to gain back some money (as if they hadn't gotten enough from the government).

      What's the chances those terminals are marked "property of Bear Stearns" ?