Re: MARCH @ PACS today

  • rkushnier
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2009
      I just wanted to thank you guys on behalf of the PACS Board,
      and all our members. "Old Timers Day" turned out great,
      and was one of the big highlights for the year.

      Bill's presentation provided a much needed, and appreciated, perspective for our group.
      It brought back many personal memories for me, as I recalled PACS in its heyday.

      Evan and Bill, along with several PACS members, brought in working vintage computers,
      as well as old computer books and magazines.

      As Evan says, showing an old machine still going through its paces
      means much more than just an old picture,
      or even a dead hardware relic.

      I noticed Steve Zelot, an Apple Systems Engineer and PACS guest for the month,
      smiling broadly as he observed the LISA and an original 128K MAC.
      It was quite a show!

      I put up some photos on this site.
      Check out "MARCH at PACS" under Photos.

      Thanks again,