Freeman PC Museum For Sale

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2005
      Ebay auction 5242159992 says it all.
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2005
        Yup, this is at least the fourth or fifth time Dave Freeman offered his whole collection.

        I have no idea who would have the funds or time to purchase it.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2005
          There are such huge glaring gaps in that collection.
          Not a Televide Personal-Mini or Xerox 16/8 in sight!

          Back in the late 80's, ACP had a gaggle of MINDSETS
          for sale. I think they were $300 with the floppy
          drives, then got lowered to $200 (maybe after the
          above units sold out). That got you a cartridge only
          unit. Sadly, I balked :(. I would like to know who
          bought the things (maybe he only had like 50). As most
          of us know, the Mindset never caught on, but there was
          a framegrabber available for it, so for certain types
          of work, it may have done the trick.
          And he didn't have a Mindset in this listing either.
          Go figure (you'd a thought he would have held onto
          one!).

          --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

          > Yup, this is at least the fourth or fifth time Dave
          > Freeman offered his
          > whole collection.
          >
          > I have no idea who would have the funds or time to
          > purchase it.
          >

          > _____

          =Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&
          > .sig=WZ8tqwKinCI7p46-Ck--Bg> computer Field

          +trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&.sig=f
          > aIMoKJT2FQzbqsbJZFJsA> trip Swap

          trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99&.sig=-5
          > 2Bmme3BkOCRm7_TpTuMQ> meet
          > Computer

          2=Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99
          > &.sig=uA3QPLlybCdZtpQLxdPxrg> security Computer

          2=Field+trip&w3=Swap+meet&w4=Computer+security&w5=Computer+training&c=5&s=99
          > &.sig=Q_g6zf6pdAEsR9fV8ki73w> training
          >
          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
          > on the web.

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          >

          > _____

          Yahoo! for Good
        • BOYD BORRILL
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
            Is this the same Dave Freeman who used to br a distributer to computer retailers back in the late 70's and early 80's or so?

            Ray

            Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
            Yup, this is at least the fourth or fifth time Dave Freeman offered his whole collection.

            I have no idea who would have the funds or time to purchase it.

            Pioneer Purveyor of Personal Processing Power
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
              I wonder what reserve he has set. I'd bid if it were on the East coast. It
              sure would jump start our museum, gaps or no gaps!

              [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete collection".]

              Jim

            • Chris M
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
                --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
                > [Chris, there is no such thing as a "complete
                > collection".]
                >
                > Jim

                It all depends how you define a collection. There's
                loads of stuph I don't care about whatsoever. I'm not
                into this stuph cuz it's kewell or I get to belong to
                a groovy club - I just collect what I like :).
                Granted, I do stray from my mainstay of
                PC-incompatibles, but it's never been, nor ever shall
                be my goal to own every "vintage" puter on the planet.
                So within the confines of my desire to collect, I
                could conceivably have a pretty complete collection
                within 5 years I think. And although you can take a
                deep breath at that point, that doesn't mean the
                interest stops there. I guess the grooviness is where
                you get to say "I got that...and that...and that", and
                you get to play with them now and again. You may have
                a hard time getting people to be interested in your
                (my) collection, but that doesn't make it any less of
                one, nor less interesting. I GET TO SAY WHAT'S COOL TO
                ME!!!
                And I was joking about the "glaring gaps". I just
                enjoyed for a moment revelling in the knowledge that I
                had a few kewell gizmos this guy didn't. Nah nah.

                http://mail.yahoo.com