Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: My Video of Altair Music

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8 1:37 PM
      >>> I am surprised that no one commented on this post...are you all getting my messages?

      Got it.

      Bruce Damer and Erik Klein did this live at one of the Calif. VCFs a few years ago for the 30th anniversary panel of the Homebrew club.
      Message 2 of 9 , May 8 2:14 PM
        evan@... wrote:
        I am surprised that no one commented on this post...are you all getting my messages?

        Got it.

        Bruce Damer and Erik Klein did this live at one of the Calif. VCFs a few years ago for the 30th anniversary panel of the Homebrew club.

        I know that, but now we can do it too.  Obviously they did not make it up either.  Nevermind, it's not easy to do that kind of stuff and I thought people would think it was cool.

        bd
      • evan@snarc.net
        Message 3 of 9 , May 8 2:25 PM
          >>> I know that, but now we can do it too.  Obviously they did not make it up either.  Nevermind, it's not easy to do that kind of stuff and I thought people would think it was cool.

          Who said it's not cool? I only said, "been there, seen that.". ;)
        • Bill Dromgoole
          Message 4 of 9 , May 8 3:02 PM
            I thought it was cool.
            When I first looked the view count was at one, I guess it was you testing it or
            I was the first.
            Its at 35 now,so quite a few people have seen it.
            Sorry for not comenting sooner.

            Bill Dromgoole

            Message 5 of 9 , May 9 8:05 AM
              Isn't it funny that reinventing the wheel seems so much more difficult than
              actually inventing the wheel? Reconstructing always seems to take more work
              than the original actual construction. Of course, back then, anything that
              worked seemed like a break through.
              bs

              Quoting evan@...:

              > either. Nevermind, it's not easy to do that kind of stuff and I thought
              > people would think it was cool.
              >
              > Who said it's not cool? I only said, "been there, seen that.". ;)

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 9 , May 9 5:08 PM

                cool,

                now how about Bohemian Rhapsody ?  :)

                =Dan

                B Degnan wrote:
                Hi,

                Making an Altair play "Fool on the Hill" was one of those things I
                always wanted to do I suppose, and now I can check that off my list.
                We can replicate this on the MARCH Altair, but you may need to remove
                the Processor Tech General Purpose card from the system, first (CUTTER
                may interfere).  Set up is easy and only takes a few minutes.  All you
                need is an Altair 8800 and an AM Radio.  You then toggle in the program
                from address 000 to 033, and the data from 040 (per their example).My

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYhVnmeWrk

                enjoy....I included the code listing at the end of the video in the
                event that a copy of Feb 1976 Dr. Dobb's is not available.

                I will post the article on my web site in the /CISC367 directory.

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)