Re: IBM 5150 PC On Ebay - prices are shooting up!

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 10 , May 5, 2009
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone tell
      > from the picture if the display is CGA or monochrome?

      > > <http://cgi.ebay.com/Original1st-Generation-IBM-5150-PC-1st-edition-software_W0QQitemZ330326187354>

      The display itself is monochrome (if I recall correctly, the CGA monitors had a color IBM logo on them (or color bars below the IBM logo), the monochrome's did not)... Besides, the seller claims "green screen on black -- a color monitor would display white or light grey against black.

      But from the inside picture, that might be a CGA card judging by the RCA connector above it, either that or a Hercules card.

      What I find so funny is, when I ran my own business we decorated the entranceway into the office with some of those cards and boards. That's how worthless that stuff all was.