Re: [midatlanticretro] My day as tour guide for the Vintage Computer Museum

    Message 1 of 15 , May 5, 2009
      From the Gmail features page:

      Free IMAP
      Sync your inbox across devices instantly and automatically. Whether you
      read or write your email on your phone or on your desktop, changes you
      make to Gmail will be seen from anywhere you access your inbox. Another
      way to use Gmail on your iPhone is through the browser. By going to
      m.gmail.com you get the full Gmail experience including conversation
      view, search, and more. Learn how to set up IMAP on other devices.

      Jim

      Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

      > Jim Scheef wrote:
      > > I believe Gmail supports IMAP4, if Apple Mail does as well, then move to
      > > Gmail but keep your email program.
      >
      > Gmail doesn't support IMAP4.
      >
      > Peace... Sridhar

    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 15 , May 5, 2009
        Jim Scheef wrote:
        > From the Gmail features page:
        >
        > Free IMAP
        > Sync your inbox across devices instantly and automatically. Whether you
        > read or write your email on your phone or on your desktop, changes you
        > make to Gmail will be seen from anywhere you access your inbox. Another
        > way to use Gmail on your iPhone is through the browser. By going to
        > m.gmail.com you get the full Gmail experience including conversation
        > view, search, and more. Learn how to set up IMAP on other devices.

        I didn't say Gmail doesn't support IMAP. I said Gmail doesn't support
        IMAP4. Gmail's IMAP is IMAP2bis + proprietary extensions. It is most
        certainly *not* IMAP4.

        Peace... Sridhar