Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Yahoo problems was: My day at the museum.

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 3:02 PM
      I think yahoo has multiple problems period.

      I don't think this is an inbound/outbound peering/transit issue.

      I am logging into yahoo (web interface), I am not using a mail client.
      In my mail list I see 5 messages replying to Jeffrey before I see Jeffrey's mail.

      In other words, the yahoo group servers processed the original e-mail and sent it to certain people, those people responded faster than the yahoo group servers sending the original e-mail to my yahoo account.

      The problem seems to be either the yahoo group servers or the mail servers.

      I think the mail servers, why? Well on a regular basis I get lag and timeouts to the Yahoo webmail interface. If I hit other areas such as news and such I don't get the same problems. I really only see this with mail.

      Had it being a peering/transit problem I would usually get the same problem over all services.

      To be honest I could verify with pings/traceroutes because the IPs for the group servers and mail servers may be announced from different points depending on how they do their load sharing.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 5 4:55 AM

        All of the sudden, I rcvd the missing posts from the past week , that I pointed out, sometime last nite all in one day.
        --weird--

        =Dan