Re: [midatlanticretro] My day as tour guide for the Vintage Computer Museum

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 15 , May 4, 2009
      Jim Scheef wrote:
      > I believe Gmail supports IMAP4, if Apple Mail does as well, then move to
      > Gmail but keep your email program.

      Gmail doesn't support IMAP4.

      Peace... Sridhar
      Message 2 of 15 , May 5, 2009
        From the Gmail features page:

        Free IMAP
        Sync your inbox across devices instantly and automatically. Whether you
        read or write your email on your phone or on your desktop, changes you
        make to Gmail will be seen from anywhere you access your inbox. Another
        way to use Gmail on your iPhone is through the browser. By going to
        m.gmail.com you get the full Gmail experience including conversation
        view, search, and more. Learn how to set up IMAP on other devices.

        Jim

        Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

        > Jim Scheef wrote:
        > > I believe Gmail supports IMAP4, if Apple Mail does as well, then move to
        > > Gmail but keep your email program.
        >
        > Gmail doesn't support IMAP4.
        >
        > Peace... Sridhar

      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 15 , May 5, 2009
          Jim Scheef wrote:
          > From the Gmail features page:
          >
          > Free IMAP
          > Sync your inbox across devices instantly and automatically. Whether you
          > read or write your email on your phone or on your desktop, changes you
          > make to Gmail will be seen from anywhere you access your inbox. Another
          > way to use Gmail on your iPhone is through the browser. By going to
          > m.gmail.com you get the full Gmail experience including conversation
          > view, search, and more. Learn how to set up IMAP on other devices.

          I didn't say Gmail doesn't support IMAP. I said Gmail doesn't support
          IMAP4. Gmail's IMAP is IMAP2bis + proprietary extensions. It is most
          certainly *not* IMAP4.

          Peace... Sridhar