Re: [midatlanticretro] Stupid Windows 3.1 question

    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2009
      Rich,

      I was always told the rule was to use the latest DLL, but is that the
      latest version number or the latest file date? Once you have everything
      installed, run a "de-duplicator" program (common from those days of
      tight hard drive space) to find the duplicate DLLs. IIRC 16-bit DLLs do
      not carry the version number as meta-data visible in the properties
      dialog so you must rely on file dates and sizes. Here is the link to the
      DLL help database: http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/

      Good luck!
      Jim