OT: Yahoo problems was: My day at the museum.

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2009
      It's Yahoo.

      I have a yahoo e-mail account and there are 5 e-mail replies before I get Jeffery's original e-mail..

      This is very common and is one of the major reasons I moved most of my e-mail to gmail.  Add that to the fact that I regularly get pauses and timeouts..

      One of the reasons I keep yahoo is that I have had it for years and they do folders better.

      I am not trying to smack down yahoo, but there has been problems.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2009
        Chris,

        So where is the delay? Is it Yahoo on the inbound side or outbound (from
        Yahoo to your ISP)?

        Jim

        Christian Liendo wrote:

        > It's Yahoo.
        >
        > I have a yahoo e-mail account and there are 5 e-mail replies before I
        > get Jeffery's original e-mail..
        >
        > This is very common and is one of the major reasons I moved most of my
        > e-mail to gmail. Add that to the fact that I regularly get pauses and
        > timeouts..
        >

        > One of the reasons I keep yahoo is that I have had it for years and
        > they do folders better.
        >

        > I am not trying to smack down yahoo, but there has been problems.
        >

        > _
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2009
          I think yahoo has multiple problems period.

          I don't think this is an inbound/outbound peering/transit issue.

          I am logging into yahoo (web interface), I am not using a mail client.
          In my mail list I see 5 messages replying to Jeffrey before I see Jeffrey's mail.

          In other words, the yahoo group servers processed the original e-mail and sent it to certain people, those people responded faster than the yahoo group servers sending the original e-mail to my yahoo account.

          The problem seems to be either the yahoo group servers or the mail servers.

          I think the mail servers, why? Well on a regular basis I get lag and timeouts to the Yahoo webmail interface. If I hit other areas such as news and such I don't get the same problems. I really only see this with mail.

          Had it being a peering/transit problem I would usually get the same problem over all services.

          To be honest I could verify with pings/traceroutes because the IPs for the group servers and mail servers may be announced from different points depending on how they do their load sharing.

          Christian Liendo wrote:

          > It's Yahoo.
          >
          > I have a yahoo e-mail account and there are 5 e-mail replies before I
          > get Jeffery's original e-mail...
          >
          > This is very common and is one of the major reasons I moved most of my
          > e-mail to gmail. Add that to the fact that I regularly get pauses and
          > timeouts..
          >

          > One of the reasons I keep yahoo is that I have had it for years and
          > they do folders better.
          >

          > I am not trying to smack down yahoo, but there has been problems.
          >

          > _

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2009

            All of the sudden, I rcvd the missing posts from the past week , that I pointed out, sometime last nite all in one day.
            --weird--

            =Dan