Re: [midatlanticretro] Donner 3500 Analog Computer

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29, 2009

      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      I applied to give a lecture on this topic at the SHOT conference.  It's
      scheduled for Oct. 15-19 in your area (Pittsburgh).  Details are at
      http://www.historyoftechnology.org/annual_meeting.html.

      Let me know when you get accepted, we'll have to meetup and play some vintage pinball.
      I hope they give you some lead time, it's getting closer.

      =Dan
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 30, 2009

        > I have two of these...one is a Donner 3500 and the other is a Systron-Donner 3500. They are pretty much alike. However, the one on ebay has three major difference...it doesn't seem to have any potentiometers at the top, the patchboard has an opening for the fan and it has metal handles on the top instead of leather straps on the side.

        I wonder if the metal handles were an option or homebrewed? I have a
        full-page magazine ad (I'm not clear on the issue/date, but it's from
        when the 3500 was new) ... it includes a nice picture and shows the
        leather straps.