OT: LCD Monitors, repairable?

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 8:27 AM
      I was given an LCD Monitor a friend found in someone else's trash. It's the old "if you can fix it, cool, otherwise toss". It's suffering from the exact same problem I see in many of the LCD panels I have at work, which is that the power supply seems bad.

      I.e., it powers on, displays a picture for a few seconds, and then shuts itself down (no power light). Pressing the power button again repeats the symptoms. Ad infinitum.

      At work, we just replace the unit. At home however, my budget for screens is limited. So, are these things repairable? Is it worth the hassle?

      If anyone does think that THEY can repair it, I'll bring it to the spring Swap Meet, and you get a free dead monitor (which now makes this post on-topic!), since I just don't seem to have the time for another project right now, and more trash always seems to come to me.

      Basically, I just want to know if I should throw it out now, or not.

      ttyl
      Brian C.