RE: [midatlanticretro] May 30-31 event - a little OT.

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2009
      Since we're gearing up for 5/30, does anyone need or want anything I can provide. For example, I have more than 45 IDE drives ranging in size from 170 Meg to 20 Gig. With this many on hand my wife informs me that I have progressed from collecting to an illness.

      From MARCHins I would expect nothing more than good will in future trades.

      I also have about an equal number of 3.5" 1.4 meg floppy drives. A metric buttload of slow (8x and under) IDE CDROM drives. Early copies of the MS Developer network CDs. I think I have a complete Netware 3.1x install with extra CDs. I have a spare Mac G3 with keyboard/mouse but no monitor. All for the same deal as above. Boxes of tape media (6150, 2120, 9-track, etc). Just speak up.

      I also have a few 5.25" HD drives, but I won't give these away. I'll let em go cheap or in trade, but not free.

      If I don't get to it before then I will be bringing a TRS-80 model II and Mr. Grieb's keyboard converter for testing and debugging.

      5/16 is e-cycling day and I'm already taking over 2 old OKI laser printers, 2 old monitors, and and old lexmark all-in-one.

      Kelly
    • Brian Cirulnick
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2009
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:

        > I also have a few 5.25" HD drives, but I won't give these away. I'll let em go cheap or in trade, but not free.
        ----------

        Really? 5.25" Floppy drives are "collectable"? Now I know what I'm bringing...

        Also, I finally found that other DEC keyboard that was hiding in the house... It was behind a box of old movie posters.

        I'm in "Spring Cleaning Mode" right now.. I have to remember to put aside some crap for May instead of trying to directly dump in the thrash.

        I would love a TRS-80 Model II, but, I'll wait my turn.

        Anyone want a Umax "Mac clone"? Also, I have more "lunchbox" SUN Sparcs than I know what to do with... They are currently stacked like LEGO blocks.
      • Kelly D. Leavitt
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2009
          >Brian Cirulnick wrote:
          >>In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:
          >> I also have a few 5.25" HD drives, but I won't give these away.
          >> I'll let em go cheap or in trade, but not free.
          >
          > Really? 5.25" Floppy drives are "collectable"? Now I know what I'm bringing...
          I guess they're just scarce in some places. Might be because I use them in place of 8" drives all the time. Where I have 40+ 3.5" drives spare, I probably only have 6 spare 5.25" HDs.

          I'll trade you 4 3.5" (or 4 smallish IDE drives) drives for 1 5.25" :-)

          >I would love a TRS-80 Model II, but, I'll wait my turn.
          I want to make sure I have 1 fully functional unit of what I have here. I believe you're next on the list if I ever get to it.

          Kelly