Re: [midatlanticretro] Potential VCF East exhibit

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2009
      > I'm thinking
      > about making the exhibit somewhat interactive, letting folks wire up a
      > couple of simple projects. Is that a good idea? I'm not really afraid of
      > things walking away, but are all of the exhibit spaces conducive to that
      > sort of thing?

      Since people of all levels show up with few who will be interested in
      spending a significant time at/learing about a particular display
      (or I end up driving them off from mine) I would suggest having three
      levels of display across the items. The simlplest would be having one running
      something blinking lights ish to attract attention and for the people
      who want to see something but aren't really interesting in knowing anything
      significant about the items. The next would be a simple demo (enter
      couple instructions/put a few wires in etc) you can
      do with a short explanation of what they did/used for/represent. The last
      would be something they can do. Standard setup is tables with you
      on one side and the public standing on the other. If you search you can
      see photos people took at previous events which shows the layout.