Wanted: Apple IIe enhanced keyboard switch

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
      I have an Apple IIe enhanced, with a broken keyswitch and missing
      keycap for the number zero (0) key:

      http://sturgeon.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Apple/AppleIIeE-3L.jpg

      Does anyone have a spare switch and/or 0 keycap? I have two older IIe
      systems, but the switches are different. Thanks.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Vintage Computer Festival
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
        On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, billdeg wrote:

        > switch or something I'd need to change? I know that the labels on the
        > drives "5/1" and "6/1" are clues, I believe the 6/1 means that the
        > drive is the boot drive, but I am not as much of an Apple person.

        Mike's response was helpful. I was under the impression that if you have
        5.25" and 3.5" drives on the same controller the 3.5" drive had to be
        plugged directly into the controller and then the 5.25" daisy-chained into
        the 3.5".

        Also, the control panel is where you would configure which drive boots.

        As far as the 6/1 and 5/1 labels, that most likely means Slot 6, Drive 1
        and Slot 5, Drive 1 respectively. In other words, they had two disk
        controllers in the GS (the built in controller and then a plug in
        controller?) and one drive was attached to each.

        I'm not sure but it could be that with the GS, the built-in controller can
        be configured to show up as slot 5 for the 3.5" drives and slot 6 for the
        5.25" drives.

        --

        Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival