Good InfoAge updates from Fred

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
      Message
      Here's the latest news from Fred re: InfoAge-wide activities.  I copied and pasted the ones of direct relevance to MARCH:

      >>> Last word on the (H-building) transfer is the final paper maybe signed this week. A special email will announce it <<<  ( This means no more Army interference in InfoAge and it means lots more storage space! Also, a funny side note: Fred mentioned how several years ago, "That Army creep, Frank Chiffo told me I would be dead before Camp Evans was transfered."  - Evan )

      >>> On our website I posted a great July 1942 request for trained and experienced radio staff to work on secret Signal Corps equipment at Camp Evans. Steve G. found the original RADIO-CRAFT magazine at the flea market. See: http://www.infoage.org/Radio-Craft-07-1942-pg654-Radar-Laboratory-Needs-Servicemen.html

      >>> Nels W. and John ? of Belmar are nearly done with a grant for Fire Protection for the Hotel and 9032.  ( Once that's done, then all our computer museum wing needs is an alarm, which is next on the list of InfoAge to-do items. - Evan )

      >>> In 9032 we about 99.99% done with the Sheetrock.  ( ... Then they turn on the plumbing, and we can pee without having to walk next door to the Hotel.  Yay.  - Evan )

      >>> Our hero Marconi was elected by popular vote to the NJ hall of fame. Thanks to Linda P. and Steve G. I got to attend the announcement by the Governor. The induction ceremony is in May. Thanks to all who got out the vote. The Governor is agreeable to make the public announcement when Camp Evans is declared a National Historic Landmark by the NPS. I have passed this info on to the Park Service.  ( This means good publicity for all things related to InfoAge.  - Evan )

    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
        Just a idea: Assuming an alarm wouldn't be installed by pros, I think members of MARCH should install it, instead of Infoage's hired help. I would think we are better able...

        Joe

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
          Message
          No, it will be done by professionals.
          Just a idea: Assuming an alarm wouldn't be installed by pros, I think members of MARCH should install it, instead of Infoage's hired help. I would think we are better able...
        • Ray Sills
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2009
            Interesting article. But, it looks like some words are missing.
            Could be that somebody scanned it to OCR, and words got dropped.
            But, the gist of it is there. A salary of $2K/year is equivalent to
            about 25K in 2007, according to a web inflation CPI calculator.

            73 de Ray