Wang Cable ID

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Does anyone on this list collect Wang computers?

      I have a cable I am trying to identify.

      It is a ribbon cable with a pc board on one end with 15 gold plated fingers on each side and a slot between the 6th and 7th finger.
      The pc board is marked WANG 6766  R3 in the foil and B14154 stamped in ink.

      The other end has a small pc board with a 44 pin socket mounted on it. It has WANG 6767  R3M3 in foil and B14164 stamped in ink.
      A date of Sep 6 1979 is there also as well as WLI-1

      It is about 28 inches long and is a 40 conductor cable.

      It may be from  a Wang Model 2200-20 system peripheral model 2270 floppy disk chassis from the main board to the Shugart floppy drive from what I can find online.

      Does any one need this cable?

      Bill #3