RE: [midatlanticretro] IMSAI for sale

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
      On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Color and type of
      > paint?
      >
      > Vince isn't on our list.

      Convene the oversight comittee!

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • fairlanefastback
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
        Thanks pretty interesting. Thanks! :)

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink"
        <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

        > I just went and looked in the cctalk archive and can't find it...
        > maybe I'm mixing up two conversations. Anyway, if you look closely
        > at the paint on some of the old boxes, you will note that there is
        > a texture... a sort of spattered variation in paint thickness. This
        > is achieved by spraying the paint through a two nozzled air brush.
        > The one that causes the spatters or speckles is the speckle aperture.
        > Adjusting the speckle aperture size changes the texture.

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009

          Mike Loewen wrote:
              Thanks, Evan, for looking out for us.  :-)  I never see this kind
          of stuff in my area.

          Great catch Mike !
          I remember you saying you were on the hunt for an Imsai. I'm glad you found one now. I'll have to bring mine when I visit your place.
          From looking at the pics, it definitely seems it was left in some undesirable location. You'll want to check the pins too in the S-100 connectors for any oxidation and weak spring tension. Mine still has good paint after 33yrs. Even the same Caps are still humming along <grin> But mine needs some new paddles as I broke some, they still hang on for now to let me toggle the switches.

          =Dan