Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Fyi: VCF South 1.0

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 2, 2009
      subaru engine conversion kit for a VW Vanagon, ehh? Want an SVX to get started? I'm pretty sure I've seen it done a lot with the 3.3 H6 from the Subaru SVX.

      Joe

      On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Brian Cirulnick <techrat@...> wrote:

      wrote:

      > Too far to drive, too pricey to fly, especially for a one-day event.

      ------------------------------

      I thought you liked your car? It's *never* too far to drive.

      Comeon, you get to change your oil before the trip and again after!

      BTW: I just hit 90,000 on the Jetta -- and I'm still on my first set of
      brakepads... I only wish we could know what's on my Vanagon, but the
      odometer broke two owners ago at 76,000... Jamie and estimate at close
      to 300,000 -- time to put in the Subuaru engine conversion kit.

    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 2, 2009
        I did not intend form my previous OT message to be on list. I apologize.

        Joe

        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
          >>> I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
          house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
          Bill

          When does this start tomorrow?

          I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
            Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
            > Bill
            >
            > When does this start tomorrow?
            >
            > I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.

            That sounds about right. Any time after 10AM.

            EVAN: Remember to bring the laptop parts and pieces. Please put them
            in your car tonight ok?
            bd
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009

              Anyone that's going have a High Voltage Probe for a DMM ?
              I like to check the one CRT tube in my PET to make sure it's operating properly.

              =Dan

            • Bob Grieb
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
                Dan,

                   I have one.  I added an LCD DPM to it.  I'll bring it.
                Needs a 9V battery, IIRC.

                   Bob

                [ = http://www2. applegate. org/~ragooman/   ]