Re: [midatlanticretro] Fyi: VCF South 1.0

    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > I don't consider that a museum. It is a private collection in a private
      > office.

      I knew you were going to say that! It's pretty close to a museum, given
      that most museums are about the same thing as what you find at System
      Source. Private museums are usually sponsored in some fashion by the
      business. Also, they have real legit and professional exhibits created
      by someone obviously with museum exhibit experience. BUT what makes
      this interesting is the rare items, some only found at System Source.
      Worth the visit IMHO.
      Bill
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009
        currently considering it, if swedish meatball's radiator and brakes done.

        On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

        all systems go here
        I do plan on bringing some more stuff with me.

        =Dan

        B Degnan wrote:
        I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
        house in Landenberg, PA.  This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
        Bill

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009
          sounds good. I will try to come Saturday evening and stay overnight.
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 2, 2009
            wrote:

            > Too far to drive, too pricey to fly, especially for a one-day event.

            ------------------------------

            I thought you liked your car? It's *never* too far to drive.

            Comeon, you get to change your oil before the trip and again after!

            BTW: I just hit 90,000 on the Jetta -- and I'm still on my first set of
            brakepads... I only wish we could know what's on my Vanagon, but the
            odometer broke two owners ago at 76,000... Jamie and estimate at close
            to 300,000 -- time to put in the Subuaru engine conversion kit.
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 2, 2009
              subaru engine conversion kit for a VW Vanagon, ehh? Want an SVX to get started? I'm pretty sure I've seen it done a lot with the 3.3 H6 from the Subaru SVX.

              Joe

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 2, 2009
                I did not intend form my previous OT message to be on list. I apologize.

                Joe

                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
                  >>> I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
                  house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                  Bill

                  When does this start tomorrow?

                  I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.
                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
                    Evan Koblentz wrote:

                    > house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                    > Bill
                    >
                    > When does this start tomorrow?
                    >
                    > I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.

                    That sounds about right. Any time after 10AM.

                    EVAN: Remember to bring the laptop parts and pieces. Please put them
                    in your car tonight ok?
                    bd
                  • Dan Roganti
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009

                      Anyone that's going have a High Voltage Probe for a DMM ?
                      I like to check the one CRT tube in my PET to make sure it's operating properly.

                      =Dan

                    • Bob Grieb
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
                        Dan,

                           I have one.  I added an LCD DPM to it.  I'll bring it.
                        Needs a 9V battery, IIRC.

                           Bob

                        [ = http://www2. applegate. org/~ragooman/   ]