Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF Landenberg 0.0001

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1 4:46 PM

      all systems go here
      I do plan on bringing some more stuff with me.

      =Dan

      B Degnan wrote:
      I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
      house in Landenberg, PA.  This is the re-scheduled date from last month.

      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1 5:43 PM
        Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > I don't consider that a museum. It is a private collection in a private
        > office.

        I knew you were going to say that! It's pretty close to a museum, given
        that most museums are about the same thing as what you find at System
        Source. Private museums are usually sponsored in some fashion by the
        business. Also, they have real legit and professional exhibits created
        by someone obviously with museum exhibit experience. BUT what makes
        this interesting is the rare items, some only found at System Source.
        Worth the visit IMHO.
        Bill
      • Joe Giliberti

          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 1 9:35 PM
            sounds good. I will try to come Saturday evening and stay overnight.
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 2 9:34 AM
              wrote:

              > Too far to drive, too pricey to fly, especially for a one-day event.

              ------------------------------

              I thought you liked your car? It's *never* too far to drive.

              Comeon, you get to change your oil before the trip and again after!

              BTW: I just hit 90,000 on the Jetta -- and I'm still on my first set of
              brakepads... I only wish we could know what's on my Vanagon, but the
              odometer broke two owners ago at 76,000... Jamie and estimate at close
              to 300,000 -- time to put in the Subuaru engine conversion kit.
            • Joe Giliberti
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 2 12:07 PM
                subaru engine conversion kit for a VW Vanagon, ehh? Want an SVX to get started? I'm pretty sure I've seen it done a lot with the 3.3 H6 from the Subaru SVX.

                Joe

                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 2 12:26 PM
                  I did not intend form my previous OT message to be on list. I apologize.

                  Joe

                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 13 2:14 PM
                    >>> I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
                    house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                    Bill

                    When does this start tomorrow?

                    I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 13 3:17 PM
                      Evan Koblentz wrote:

                      > house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                      > Bill
                      >
                      > When does this start tomorrow?
                      >
                      > I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.

                      That sounds about right. Any time after 10AM.

                      EVAN: Remember to bring the laptop parts and pieces. Please put them
                      in your car tonight ok?
                      bd
                    • Dan Roganti
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 13 6:13 PM

                        Anyone that's going have a High Voltage Probe for a DMM ?
                        I like to check the one CRT tube in my PET to make sure it's operating properly.

                        =Dan

                      • Bob Grieb
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 13 6:51 PM
                          Dan,

                             I have one.  I added an LCD DPM to it.  I'll bring it.
                          Needs a 9V battery, IIRC.

                             Bob

                          [ = http://www2. applegate. org/~ragooman/   ]