Re: [midatlanticretro] Fyi: VCF South 1.0

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1 4:44 PM
      Tim,

      Whereabouts are you in NC, is it close to I-95 ?
      I usually make a roadtrip every summer to visit family 'n friends in Ga/Fla

      =Dan

      Timothy J Fagan wrote:
      There always my arcade/museum in my guest room right here in beautiful (and
      currently very snowy) Winston Salem, NC.

      Of course, it's not an official, public 'museum', but I do have about two
      dozen retro computers and game consoles hooked up and ready to go, with
      thousands of software titles!!! :-)

      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1 4:46 PM

        all systems go here
        I do plan on bringing some more stuff with me.

        =Dan

        B Degnan wrote:
        I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
        house in Landenberg, PA.  This is the re-scheduled date from last month.

        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 1 5:43 PM
          Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > I don't consider that a museum. It is a private collection in a private
          > office.

          I knew you were going to say that! It's pretty close to a museum, given
          that most museums are about the same thing as what you find at System
          Source. Private museums are usually sponsored in some fashion by the
          business. Also, they have real legit and professional exhibits created
          by someone obviously with museum exhibit experience. BUT what makes
          this interesting is the rare items, some only found at System Source.
          Worth the visit IMHO.
          Bill
        • Joe Giliberti

            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 1 9:35 PM
              sounds good. I will try to come Saturday evening and stay overnight.
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 2 9:34 AM
                wrote:

                > Too far to drive, too pricey to fly, especially for a one-day event.

                ------------------------------

                I thought you liked your car? It's *never* too far to drive.

                Comeon, you get to change your oil before the trip and again after!

                BTW: I just hit 90,000 on the Jetta -- and I'm still on my first set of
                brakepads... I only wish we could know what's on my Vanagon, but the
                odometer broke two owners ago at 76,000... Jamie and estimate at close
                to 300,000 -- time to put in the Subuaru engine conversion kit.
              • Joe Giliberti
                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 2 12:07 PM
                  subaru engine conversion kit for a VW Vanagon, ehh? Want an SVX to get started? I'm pretty sure I've seen it done a lot with the 3.3 H6 from the Subaru SVX.

                  Joe

                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 2 12:26 PM
                    I did not intend form my previous OT message to be on list. I apologize.

                    Joe

                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 13 2:14 PM
                      >>> I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
                      house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                      Bill

                      When does this start tomorrow?

                      I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 13 3:17 PM
                        Evan Koblentz wrote:

                        > house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                        > Bill
                        >
                        > When does this start tomorrow?
                        >
                        > I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.

                        That sounds about right. Any time after 10AM.

                        EVAN: Remember to bring the laptop parts and pieces. Please put them
                        in your car tonight ok?
                        bd
                      • Dan Roganti
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 13 6:13 PM

                          Anyone that's going have a High Voltage Probe for a DMM ?
                          I like to check the one CRT tube in my PET to make sure it's operating properly.

                          =Dan

                        • Bob Grieb
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 13 6:51 PM
                            Dan,

                               I have one.  I added an LCD DPM to it.  I'll bring it.
                            Needs a 9V battery, IIRC.

                               Bob

                            [ = http://www2. applegate. org/~ragooman/   ]