Re: [midatlanticretro] Fyi: VCF South 1.0

  • Timothy J Fagan
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009
      There always my arcade/museum in my guest room right here in beautiful (and
      currently very snowy) Winston Salem, NC.

      Of course, it's not an official, public 'museum', but I do have about two
      dozen retro computers and game consoles hooked up and ready to go, with
      thousands of software titles!!! :-)

      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009
        Tim,

        Whereabouts are you in NC, is it close to I-95 ?
        I usually make a roadtrip every summer to visit family 'n friends in Ga/Fla

        =Dan

        Timothy J Fagan wrote:
        There always my arcade/museum in my guest room right here in beautiful (and
        currently very snowy) Winston Salem, NC.

        Of course, it's not an official, public 'museum', but I do have about two
        dozen retro computers and game consoles hooked up and ready to go, with
        thousands of software titles!!! :-)

        Yes. Also, "NERCH" didn't make a word.  :)

        At any rate... is there any kind of this type of show or museum in the
        south-east? or at least closer to NC?

        Not to my knowledge.  Although there are a few nice private collections in
        MD and VA. Also MD has the Historical Electronics Museum and the National
        Cryptologic Museum.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009

          all systems go here
          I do plan on bringing some more stuff with me.

          =Dan

          B Degnan wrote:
          I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
          house in Landenberg, PA.  This is the re-scheduled date from last month.

          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009
            Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > I don't consider that a museum. It is a private collection in a private
            > office.

            I knew you were going to say that! It's pretty close to a museum, given
            that most museums are about the same thing as what you find at System
            Source. Private museums are usually sponsored in some fashion by the
            business. Also, they have real legit and professional exhibits created
            by someone obviously with museum exhibit experience. BUT what makes
            this interesting is the rare items, some only found at System Source.
            Worth the visit IMHO.
            Bill
          • Joe Giliberti

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 1, 2009
                sounds good. I will try to come Saturday evening and stay overnight.
                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 2, 2009
                  wrote:

                  > Too far to drive, too pricey to fly, especially for a one-day event.

                  ------------------------------

                  I thought you liked your car? It's *never* too far to drive.

                  Comeon, you get to change your oil before the trip and again after!

                  BTW: I just hit 90,000 on the Jetta -- and I'm still on my first set of
                  brakepads... I only wish we could know what's on my Vanagon, but the
                  odometer broke two owners ago at 76,000... Jamie and estimate at close
                  to 300,000 -- time to put in the Subuaru engine conversion kit.
                • Joe Giliberti
                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 2, 2009
                    subaru engine conversion kit for a VW Vanagon, ehh? Want an SVX to get started? I'm pretty sure I've seen it done a lot with the 3.3 H6 from the Subaru SVX.

                    Joe

                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 2, 2009
                      I did not intend form my previous OT message to be on list. I apologize.

                      Joe

                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
                        >>> I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
                        house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                        Bill

                        When does this start tomorrow?

                        I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
                          Evan Koblentz wrote:

                          > house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                          > Bill
                          >
                          > When does this start tomorrow?
                          >
                          > I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.

                          That sounds about right. Any time after 10AM.

                          EVAN: Remember to bring the laptop parts and pieces. Please put them
                          in your car tonight ok?
                          bd
                        • Dan Roganti
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009

                            Anyone that's going have a High Voltage Probe for a DMM ?
                            I like to check the one CRT tube in my PET to make sure it's operating properly.

                            =Dan

                          • Bob Grieb
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 13, 2009
                              Dan,

                                 I have one.  I added an LCD DPM to it.  I'll bring it.
                              Needs a 9V battery, IIRC.

                                 Bob

                              [ = http://www2. applegate. org/~ragooman/   ]