Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Fyi: VCF South 1.0

  • Christopher Blackmon
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 1 2:50 PM
      Heh... by those maps Delaware is in the South Atlantic.... who writes this stuff?  Lol

      Christopher.

      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1 4:20 PM
        I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
        house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
        Bill

        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 1 4:23 PM

          > Not to my knowledge. Although there are a few nice private collections in MD and VA. Also MD has the Historical Electronics Museum and the National Cryptologic Museum.

          Don't forget the museum/collection at System Source in Hunt Valley MD.
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 1 4:28 PM
            >>> Don't forget the museum/collection at System Source in Hunt Valley MD.

            I don't consider that a museum. It is a private collection in a private
            office.
          • Timothy J Fagan
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 1 4:39 PM
              There always my arcade/museum in my guest room right here in beautiful (and
              currently very snowy) Winston Salem, NC.

              Of course, it's not an official, public 'museum', but I do have about two
              dozen retro computers and game consoles hooked up and ready to go, with
              thousands of software titles!!! :-)

              > Yes. Also, "NERCH" didn't make a word. :)

              > Not to my knowledge. Although there are a few nice private collections in
              > MD and VA. Also MD has the Historical Electronics Museum and the National
              > Cryptologic Museum.

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 1 4:44 PM
                Tim,

                Whereabouts are you in NC, is it close to I-95 ?
                I usually make a roadtrip every summer to visit family 'n friends in Ga/Fla

                =Dan

                Timothy J Fagan wrote:
                There always my arcade/museum in my guest room right here in beautiful (and
                currently very snowy) Winston Salem, NC.

                Of course, it's not an official, public 'museum', but I do have about two
                dozen retro computers and game consoles hooked up and ready to go, with
                thousands of software titles!!! :-)

                Yes. Also, "NERCH" didn't make a word.  :)

                At any rate... is there any kind of this type of show or museum in the
                south-east? or at least closer to NC?

                Not to my knowledge.  Although there are a few nice private collections in
                MD and VA. Also MD has the Historical Electronics Museum and the National
                Cryptologic Museum.

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 1 4:46 PM

                  all systems go here
                  I do plan on bringing some more stuff with me.

                  =Dan

                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 1 5:43 PM
                    Evan Koblentz wrote:

                    > I don't consider that a museum. It is a private collection in a private
                    > office.

                    I knew you were going to say that! It's pretty close to a museum, given
                    that most museums are about the same thing as what you find at System
                    Source. Private museums are usually sponsored in some fashion by the
                    business. Also, they have real legit and professional exhibits created
                    by someone obviously with museum exhibit experience. BUT what makes
                    this interesting is the rare items, some only found at System Source.
                    Worth the visit IMHO.
                    Bill
                  • Joe Giliberti

                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 1 9:35 PM
                        sounds good. I will try to come Saturday evening and stay overnight.

                        jaj@... wrote:
                        > <!-- /* start of attachment style */ .ygrp-photo-title{ clear: both;
                        > font-size: smaller; height: 15px; overflow: hidden; text-align:
                        > center; width: 75px; } div.ygrp-photo{ background-position: center;
                        > background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: white; border: 1px
                        > solid black; height: 62px; width: 62px; } div.photo-title a,
                        > div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title
                        > a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row {
                        > clear: both; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div { float: left; /*
                        > margin: 2px;*/ } p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow:
                        > hidden; } p span { color: #628C2A; } div.ygrp-file { width: 30px;
                        > valign: middle; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
                        > text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span
                        > { font-weight: normal; } div.ygrp-file-title { font-weight: bold; } /*
                        > end of attachment style */ --> I wish I would have known about this, I
                        > would have delayed my recent Dallas trip and made a visit. Other than
                        > Evan's mention this is the first I have heard of it, and I stay pretty
                        > plugged in to happenings in the DFW area. I will have to watch for
                        > this next year and see if I can make it down.
                        >
                        > Airfare can be found for $200 (american), but figure another $150 for
                        > hotel, to-from airport and some meals. Still cheaper than driving @
                        > 1500 miles each way though.
                        >
                        > My semi-ot comment would be that they should label the show VCF
                        > Southwest, as Texas is not the south.
                        >
                        > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        > *From*: "Evan Koblentz"
                        > *Date*: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 05:09:20 +0000
                        > *To*: Yahoo MARCH Yahoo<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                        > *Subject*: Re: [midatlanticretro] Fyi: VCF South 1.0
                        >
                        > Too far to drive, too pricey to fly, especially for a one-day event.

                      • Brian Cirulnick
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 2 9:34 AM
                          wrote:

                          > Too far to drive, too pricey to fly, especially for a one-day event.

                          ------------------------------

                          I thought you liked your car? It's *never* too far to drive.

                          Comeon, you get to change your oil before the trip and again after!

                          BTW: I just hit 90,000 on the Jetta -- and I'm still on my first set of
                          brakepads... I only wish we could know what's on my Vanagon, but the
                          odometer broke two owners ago at 76,000... Jamie and estimate at close
                          to 300,000 -- time to put in the Subuaru engine conversion kit.
                        • Joe Giliberti
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 2 12:07 PM
                            subaru engine conversion kit for a VW Vanagon, ehh? Want an SVX to get started? I'm pretty sure I've seen it done a lot with the 3.3 H6 from the Subaru SVX.

                            Joe

                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 2 12:26 PM
                              I did not intend form my previous OT message to be on list. I apologize.

                              Joe

                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 13 2:14 PM
                                >>> I will be having people over March 14 and 15 for a hacking weekend at my
                                house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                                Bill

                                When does this start tomorrow?

                                I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.
                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 13 3:17 PM
                                  Evan Koblentz wrote:

                                  > house in Landenberg, PA. This is the re-scheduled date from last month.
                                  > Bill
                                  >
                                  > When does this start tomorrow?
                                  >
                                  > I expect to get there in the early/mid afternoon.

                                  That sounds about right. Any time after 10AM.

                                  EVAN: Remember to bring the laptop parts and pieces. Please put them
                                  in your car tonight ok?
                                  bd
                                • Dan Roganti
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Mar 13 6:13 PM

                                    Anyone that's going have a High Voltage Probe for a DMM ?
                                    I like to check the one CRT tube in my PET to make sure it's operating properly.

                                    =Dan

                                  • Bob Grieb
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Mar 13 6:51 PM
                                      Dan,

                                         I have one.  I added an LCD DPM to it.  I'll bring it.
                                      Needs a 9V battery, IIRC.

                                         Bob

                                      [ = http://www2. applegate. org/~ragooman/   ]