today @ infoage

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2009
      Message
      Good day despite the imminent snow storm.  We had two groups of Cub Scouts and parents, plus a couple of random families came through.  About 15 visitors total today.  I also began cleaning the top layer of gunk from the Burroughs B-80.
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 9, 2009
        Joe and I continued with cleaning and organizing today. Jeff B. dropped
        off a printer for the C-64 exhibit. He popped in a cartridge from one
        of our printers (a different model), and not only did it fit, the ink
        was dark during a test print. Good stuff. Joe cleaned several exhibit
        items. I was upstairs making more posters. We put the first four door
        posters into black frames. I'll hang them next time. There were also
        several visitors today, many with children. All seemed interested in
        our museum despite the renovation and many said they'll come to VCF.
        Nick L. also visited us. At the end of the day, Steve G. had an
        impromptu BBQ for all the volunteers. Good food and drink.

        Anyone have a copy of Commodore Print Shop? I'd like to make some
        vintage banners. I think we DO have a copy in the basement, but it's
        quicker for someone to give me a known-good disk than for me to find and
        test 'em.

        Also what is the best source for buying new cartridges when ours run out?
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 9, 2009
          Our own Ray Sills just pinged me about where in our storage room to find
          C= Print Shop that he delivered long ago .... I'll have to look this week.
          > Anyone have a copy of Commodore Print Shop? I'd like to make some
          > vintage banners. I think we DO have a copy in the basement, but it's
          > quicker for someone to give me a known-good disk than for me to find and
          > test 'em.

        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 9, 2009
            http://www.ocla.com/makepagebak8.php?SUBCAT2B=COMMODORERIBBONS

            On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

            We need a printer for the Commodore Pet exhibit. We have to figure out which kind of printer was available for the pet. Anyone know what was available when the PET first came out ?

            Also we need someone to fix the Commodore 1541 drive (or find a working, reliable one). It seems every drive that belongs to MARCH has one problem or another. I will try to see if it is a simple fix like cleaning the drive heads. Beyond that I would defer to someone like Ian Primus who knows more about troubleshooting these drives. It could be an alignment problem or a chip problem, which I don't know how to fix.

            I will search around the commodore community to see where Commodore 1526 cartridge ribbons can be obtained.

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 9, 2009
                Correction, I posted on cctalk.
                Already linked in earlier post ....
                http://www.ocla.com/makepagebak8.php?SUBCAT2B=COMMODORERIBBONS

              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 9, 2009

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 10, 2009
                    One of the first printers for the Commodore Pet was the Pet Printer model 2020.
                    It uses the IEEE-488 interface.

                    We need a printer for the Commodore Pet exhibit. We have to figure out which kind of printer was available for the pet. Anyone know what was available when the PET first came out ?

                    Also we need someone to fix the Commodore 1541 drive (or find a working, reliable one). It seems every drive that belongs to MARCH has one problem or another. I will try to see if it is a simple fix like cleaning the drive heads. Beyond that I would defer to someone like Ian Primus who knows more about troubleshooting these drives. It could be an alignment problem or a chip problem, which I don't know how to fix.

                    I will search around the commodore community to see where Commodore 1526 cartridge ribbons can be obtained.

                  • Bill Degnan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 10, 2009
                      2023 I think you mean.
                      bd

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 10, 2009
                        No I meant Model 2020. on the bottom right hand side of the second link it says
                        "...also shown is the PET Printer model 2020..."

                        See referenced documents.
                        http://www.commodore.ca/gallery/brochures/2001_old/PET2001_1a.jpg