Re: [midatlanticretro] Mainframe

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Oh. Now I understand why you said static display.
      >
      > Yes, it would sit in storage until we move into suitable space in the
      > H-building. The only reason we (Infoage) would get this system NOW is
      > because the group willing to donate it said it will otherwise be
      > scrapped.

      When the time comes to move into our space in one of said buildings,
      will 208Y power be available?

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Andy Meyer
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
        On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:02 AM, madodel <madodel@...> wrote:
        > I take it MARCH isn't responsible for the electric bill?

        Not yet. But I believe InfoAge tenants will eventually be responsible
        for their utilities.
      • Christopher Blackmon
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
          Naa.. we were still using them at Nortel (BNR, NT, etc)  in the mid-late 90's... (before Nortel's faceplant that is.)

          Christopher.

          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
            H***, it falls into the "we don't own it" category.

            Regardless of when or how it arrives, it would not fit in our current
            rooms. This would be a good "palletized" exhibit!

            Jim

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
              Catch up on your emails. We're talking H-building here.

              Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > It falls into the "exception for coolness" rule.

            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
                Cool ! Since you are handing out appointments, can I be appointed to head of the video game demonstrations committee ? Winking smiley emoticon

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 28, 2009
                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  > Yup, it's just got to be stuff outside of the DOS/Wintel mainstream. Like I said in previous message -- exceptions for coolness.

                  But what is wrong with DOS?!

                  Cheers,

                  Bryan
                • Bob Schwier
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 1 2:57 PM
                    Good question, a properly running FreeDos would suit me fine, even on more
                    modern machines.
                    bs