Re: [midatlanticretro] Mainframe

    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
      >>> We can't even plug the thing in yet, AFAIK.

      Oh. Now I understand why you said static display.

      Yes, it would sit in storage until we move into suitable space in the H-building. The only reason we (Infoage) would get this system NOW is because the group willing to donate it said it will otherwise be scrapped.
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
        Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Oh. Now I understand why you said static display.
        >
        > Yes, it would sit in storage until we move into suitable space in the
        > H-building. The only reason we (Infoage) would get this system NOW is
        > because the group willing to donate it said it will otherwise be
        > scrapped.

        When the time comes to move into our space in one of said buildings,
        will 208Y power be available?

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Andy Meyer
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
          On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:02 AM, madodel <madodel@...> wrote:
          > I take it MARCH isn't responsible for the electric bill?

          Not yet. But I believe InfoAge tenants will eventually be responsible
          for their utilities.
        • Christopher Blackmon
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
            Naa.. we were still using them at Nortel (BNR, NT, etc)  in the mid-late 90's... (before Nortel's faceplant that is.)

            Christopher.

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
              H***, it falls into the "we don't own it" category.

              Regardless of when or how it arrives, it would not fit in our current
              rooms. This would be a good "palletized" exhibit!

              Jim

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
                Catch up on your emails. We're talking H-building here.

                Evan Koblentz wrote:

                > It falls into the "exception for coolness" rule.

              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 27, 2009
                  Cool ! Since you are handing out appointments, can I be appointed to head of the video game demonstrations committee ? Winking smiley emoticon

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 28, 2009
                    Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    > Yup, it's just got to be stuff outside of the DOS/Wintel mainstream. Like I said in previous message -- exceptions for coolness.

                    But what is wrong with DOS?!

                    Cheers,

                    Bryan
                  • Bob Schwier
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 1, 2009
                      Good question, a properly running FreeDos would suit me fine, even on more
                      modern machines.
                      bs