RE: [midatlanticretro] I have noticied this on some recent post replies

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
      And on that subject what the heck is the morse Y,Q at the end of every Yahoo email? You know:
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
        Kelly and Fair,

        The stuff to which you both refer is due to some members receiving text
        emails from others who receive HTML. I don't see the y q in my emails
        but I have seen it in replies from others.

        My supposition on the block of code is that it results from people
        bottom posting followed by the text versus html exchange.

        Yahoo's software is not static and is constantly evolving or devolving
        depending on your viewpoint. So the foibles we see evolve as well.

        BTW, Fairlane, how will you continue to keep your identity secret when
        you show up for VCF?

        Jim

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
          >>> Fairlane, how will you continue to keep your identity secret when you
          show up for VCF?

          I can't fathom that we would card anyone! Unless some old dude tries to
          convince us he's younger than 18 while trying to get free admission.
        • fairlanefastback
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
            Ha! I was already at last year's VCF! I even introduced myself to
            Evan AND I bought a TI 99/4a from the surplus sale! My favorite
            exhibit was definitely the Aquarius, which I posted about since the
            event to boot. So there! ;p

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> wrote:
            > BTW, Fairlane, how will you continue to keep your identity secret when
            > you show up for VCF?
            >
            > Jim
          • fairlanefastback
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
              Odd though. I would think if someone is replying in text format they
              would see that the HTML code has been accidentally spit up into the
              text to which they are replying. At which point it could be cut and
              pasted out.

              Personally I post and reply via the group web site (*not* using the
              Beta Rich-Text Editor).