I have noticied this on some recent post replies

  • fairlanefastback
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
      That a bunch of HTML garbage is included in quotes. Like:

      > <!-- /* start of attachment style */ .ygrp-photo-title{ clear: both;
      > font-size: smaller; height: 15px; overflow: hidden; text-align:
      > center; width: 75px; } div.ygrp-photo{ background-position: center;
      > background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: white; border: 1px
      > solid black; height: 62px; width: 62px; } div.photo-title a,
      > div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title
      > a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row > {
      > clear: both; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div { float: left; /*
      > margin: 2px;*/ } p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow:
      > hidden; } p span { color: #628C2A; } div.ygrp-file { width: 30px;
      > valign: middle; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
      > text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span
      > { font-weight: normal; } div.ygrp-file-title { font-weight: bold; } /

      Anyone know why this seems to be happening recently?
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
        And on that subject what the heck is the morse Y,Q at the end of every Yahoo email? You know:
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
          Kelly and Fair,

          The stuff to which you both refer is due to some members receiving text
          emails from others who receive HTML. I don't see the y q in my emails
          but I have seen it in replies from others.

          My supposition on the block of code is that it results from people
          bottom posting followed by the text versus html exchange.

          Yahoo's software is not static and is constantly evolving or devolving
          depending on your viewpoint. So the foibles we see evolve as well.

          BTW, Fairlane, how will you continue to keep your identity secret when
          you show up for VCF?

          Jim

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
            >>> Fairlane, how will you continue to keep your identity secret when you
            show up for VCF?

            I can't fathom that we would card anyone! Unless some old dude tries to
            convince us he's younger than 18 while trying to get free admission.
          • fairlanefastback
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
              Ha! I was already at last year's VCF! I even introduced myself to
              Evan AND I bought a TI 99/4a from the surplus sale! My favorite
              exhibit was definitely the Aquarius, which I posted about since the
              event to boot. So there! ;p

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <scheefj@...> wrote:
              > BTW, Fairlane, how will you continue to keep your identity secret when
              > you show up for VCF?
              >
              > Jim
            • fairlanefastback
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
                Odd though. I would think if someone is replying in text format they
                would see that the HTML code has been accidentally spit up into the
                text to which they are replying. At which point it could be cut and
                pasted out.

                Personally I post and reply via the group web site (*not* using the
                Beta Rich-Text Editor).