Re: [midatlanticretro] More New Jersey History

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27 5:45 AM

      We went to the Personal Computer Expo in Manhattan every year, it was closer for us and it was just as fun. Even though PCE started a year after PCC, going to visit all the computer stores in and around the city was just as good then. Especially since the best computer was there, Computer Mart, which opened in early '76 with Stan Veit. It was great seeing him there, later on my brother and me bought the Altair 680 kit from his store--I really pushed to get the Altair 8800, but we were building a homebrew S-100 machine during that time(and cheaper).

      =Dan

      Bill Dromgoole wrote:
      I was there. I foolishly brought my wife with me. She was bored silly.
      My friend who also went with me bought a SC/MP by National Semiconductor.
      They called it a simple cost effective microprocessor. It cost $100 at the
      time.
      I didn't buy anything. I wanted to, but I was only married about one year
      and had no money to spare.
      On second thought I did buy a book. Computer Lib and Dream machines.
      I didn't get my first computer until 1978 from OSI called the superkit for
      about $500.
      I think it was just after the first Trenton Computer Festival which I
      missed.
      Of course I still have the book and the computer.

      Bill #3