Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for Apple II boot disks and serial card

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23 7:10 AM
      wouldn't teledisk be useful for that stuff (non cp/m
      apple disks anyhoo). The person who wrote disk2fdi
      suggested I use it to archive quad density, 720k 5
      1/4" floppies from a Tandy 2000. Little did I know
      there was at least one utility included with some OEM
      DOS's that could read write to such or similar formats
      (the file system is not 100% identical to say a 3 1/2"
      720k disk...something about a descriptor entry being
      different (?) ). But I used Teledisk and it worked
      fine :). I don't have a working 2000 at the moment,
      but I was able to execute T2K BASIC on a celeron 400.
      Chances are it did the job.
      And in fact, for what it's worth, I seem to recall
      being able to WinImage the disks, of course using a
      high density drive courtesy of K.Leavitt.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs