RE: [midatlanticretro] msnbc.com: 10 steps in the evolution of portable computing

    Message 1 of 47 , Feb 25 10:34 PM
      >>> Correction, looks like he already published. Focuses on a Lenovo
      laptop??? Strange but true.
      http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Race-for-Perfect/Steve-Hamm/e/9780071606103
      /?itm=1

      Book arrived today. I skimmed through it. There are a few interesting
      things about the PARC Dynabook and Grid Compass. Rest of the book is: 80%
      about a Lenovo laptop from 2008, and 20% regurgitated stories about the
      Model 100, Osborne, Newton, Palm Pilot, iPhone.

      In addition to the vast majority of this book containing nothing new, it's
      surprising just how poor the writing is. The author goes * all over the map
      * switching between topics. It's horribly disorganized.
      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 25 10:34 PM