Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Azimov

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
      Asimov's autobiography series "In Memory Yet Green" and "In Joy Still
      Felt" are great reading.
      As is common with his writing style, it's as though he is sitting
      right with you and talking to you.

      73 de Ray

      On Feb 25, 2009, at 8:44 PM, Brian Cirulnick wrote:

      > Yeah, I miss Issac.
      >
      > I remember crashing his birthday party at a Philcon, and then a few
      > years later, Mike Pinto and I were able to use our little leverage
      > with the Lunarians to get him to be our Guest of Honor at "Shorecon",
      > a SF con we ran (for 2 or 3 years). He was a pretty nice dude, and
      > would go to any con within train distance (he had a fear of flying).
      >
      > I seem to remember getting a fax about his death while we were busy
      > killing ourselves for "autoguard 2000", about 4 or 5 lifetimes ago, it
      > seems...
      >
      > Man, that was a looong time ago....

    • Andy Meyer
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
        On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
        > "I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them"
        > Isaac Asimov

        "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." -- Pablo Picasso
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
          Andy Meyer wrote:
          > On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
          >
          >> "I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them"
          >> Isaac Asimov
          >>

          > "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." -- Pablo Picasso

          "Spellcheck make me smart" -- Bill