Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for Apple II boot disks and serial card

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2005
      Sellam,
      ...thank you. I am always looking for ways to archive non-PC formatted
      disks.
      Bill Degnan

      In a message dated 8/23/2005 2:14:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      vcf@... writes:

      > If you want to read Apple disks on a standard PC with no special hardware,
      > it is possible (thanks to an extraordinarily clever hack). Check out:
      >
      > http://www.oldskool.org/disk2fdi
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2005
        wouldn't teledisk be useful for that stuff (non cp/m
        apple disks anyhoo). The person who wrote disk2fdi
        suggested I use it to archive quad density, 720k 5
        1/4" floppies from a Tandy 2000. Little did I know
        there was at least one utility included with some OEM
        DOS's that could read write to such or similar formats
        (the file system is not 100% identical to say a 3 1/2"
        720k disk...something about a descriptor entry being
        different (?) ). But I used Teledisk and it worked
        fine :). I don't have a working 2000 at the moment,
        but I was able to execute T2K BASIC on a celeron 400.
        Chances are it did the job.
        And in fact, for what it's worth, I seem to recall
        being able to WinImage the disks, of course using a
        high density drive courtesy of K.Leavitt.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs