Re: Looking for Apple II boot disks and serial

  • Liam Busey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2005
      - snip new Apple, looking for boot disks

      Hello Kelly, can you make a cable? I've heard good
      things (on the newsgroup CSA2) about a program called
      ADT. It's a disk imaging program for a linked Apple II
      and PC. Type in a small program on the Apple and the
      connected PC can use it as intelligent disk controller
      capable of reading/ writing Apple formats. There
      appear to be serial card and gameport versions.

      This would give you the ability the make disks out of
      the wealth of emulator images available on the net.
      For a new user without any software and only one disk
      drive this would seem to be an ideal solution.

      You can find ADT here:
      ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/utility/

      Here's a link to a set of Apple II FAQs:
      http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/A2FAQs1START.html

      ADT is mentioned in this one:
      http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/Csa2T1TCOM.html#003

      I always have an Apple (or Franklin) up. I'd be happy
      to make you disks but you'll probably want at least
      another floppy drive if you're going to be doing file
      transfers with a terminal program.

      Liam

      http://mail.yahoo.com