OT: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Another first laptop on eBay - Vintage Data Gen

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
      to add to my own reply ...

      It's not only bad sellers who open new accounts. One seller's account
      was zapped and I identified the seller's return by the use of the same
      photos for the same items, and the seller's alleged location was an
      adjacent town. My report to ebay was ignored, despite giving the item
      numbers for "both" sellers for verification.

      I've bought MANY items on ebay and sold a few items too. I once
      hand-delivered an item to a buyer because they were nearby and she
      asked me for a refund of the postage! I granted that just to make her
      happy, but it was not deserved. Has she come to me, then yes, it
      would've been no postage.

      Several sellers accommodated my request to pick up an item in person
      and pay in cash, so there was no surcharge for P&H. Sometimes that
      resulted in my buying more items they had on hand! Very pleasant for
      us both.