My homepage

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2009
      Message
      Couldn't sleep, so I updated my homepage.  Have a look and please inform me (off list!!!) of any broken links, typos, etc.

      Still to come: highlights from the old collectors' newsletter.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2009
        good. we can talk about the future of web sites soon, too. I think you
        have the right idea. Except add maybe a picture of yourself
        bd

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 24, 2009
          I decided to make it more vintage-looking.

          New version has black background, orange Courier font, no italics, better
          design for hyperlinks.

          Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Couldn't sleep, so I updated my homepage. Have a look and please
          > inform me (off list!!!) of any broken links, typos, etc.
          > Still to come: highlights from the old collectors' newsletter.
          > http://www.snarc.net

        • Ray Sills
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2009
            Me... I always prefer black letters on a white background. Every
            once in a while you see dark purple lettering on black... Impossible
            to read.

            73 de Ray

            On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:12 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > I decided to make it more vintage-looking.
            >
            > New version has black background, orange Courier font, no italics,
            > better
            > design for hyperlinks.

          • fairlanefastback
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
              I personally dig the vintage look you went with.

              > I decided to make it more vintage-looking.
              >
              > New version has black background, orange Courier font, no italics,
              better
              > design for hyperlinks.

            • Brian Cirulnick
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, fairlanefastback
                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > I personally dig the vintage look you went with.
                >

                > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@>
                wrote:

                > > I decided to make it more vintage-looking.
                > >
                > > New version has black background, orange Courier font, no italics,
                > better
                > > design for hyperlinks.
                -----------------------

                Since we're NOT commenting off-list as originally requested, I guess
                I'll chime in. The amber on black is a better "look" than the last
                version (arial on white?)...

                However, you need to space out the middle part where the text is too
                tight -- makes it difficult to read. I prefer to use tables for my
                spacing as it allows me a great amount of control.

                However, and I'm guessing here: The site appears to be optimized for
                mobile devices? These days less is more when it comes to web design,
                but the overall simplicity makes me assume you're showing your site
                to people more on your phone than on a computer.

                If you're avoiding tables then for the phone's browser, just use some

                ttyl
                Brian C.
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
                  >>> I'm guessing here: The site appears to be optimized for mobile devices?

                  No.