Missed last week's event

  • john_apw
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2005
      Sorry I couldn't be with you at the opening last weekend; I was on my
      round trip to Maine to bring my daughter home from camp.

      I appreciate the messages and photos decribing the event, and I look
      forward to being involved in the next. Please let me know what help
      is needed, and (given no conflict with family scheduling), I will be
      happy to be involved.

      Kelly, in a prior message when I stated that I collect TRS-80's, you
      replied something to the effect of "Oh, we're competitors". I just
      wanted to let you know that I prefer cooperation in this area, and
      would be happy to share resources, where possible.

      By the way, in your photo of "Tandy machines", isn't that a NEC
      MultiSynch laptop with 10MB hard drive? Just checking...
      (I used to have the dual floppy version.) <g>

      -John M.
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2005
        Hi John (and everyone),

        As is evident from the most recent messages, we're still determining what and when the next event will be.  My personal feeling is that we should table the road trip idea (too little interest, too much planning) and instead hold a ** simple ** swap meet this fall (to raise $$ and to avoid cannibalizing our association with pure-vintage stuff and with VCF).

        Not to speak for Kelly, but I'm sure he was just kidding with the term "competitors"... we're all friends here.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21, 2005

          Hope to associate a face with the name some time soon.

          > Kelly, in a prior message when I stated that I collect TRS-80's, you
          > replied something to the effect of "Oh, we're competitors". I just
          > wanted to let you know that I prefer cooperation in this area, and
          > would be happy to share resources, where possible.
          As Evan said... I was just having a bit of fun. I already have quite a Tandy
          collection. I need the CoCos, MC-10 and Model I to complete the pre PC line.
          I have all kinds of bits, books, and tricks to trade for these. For
          instance, I'd gladly trade a model 12 for a model 1 and a CoCo, or even
          trade for a 2000. I don't know much about the CoCo, Model I, or MC-10. Most
          of my knowledge is in the 16/6000 line.

          Here is a list of what I have:
          Working
          II, III, 4, 4p, 12, 16b, 6000, 100, 102, 200, 1000sx

          Not working:
          16, 600, DT-1

          Looking for:
          Model I, CoCo, CoCo2, CoCo3, 2000, DT-100, DT-200

          > By the way, in your photo of "Tandy machines", isn't that a NEC
          > MultiSynch laptop with 10MB hard drive? Just checking...
          > (I used to have the dual floppy version.) <g>
          >
          > -John M.

          You'd have to ask John S. They're his machines, but I think they're all HP
          badged.

          Kelly