Re: VCF - update

  • fairlanefastback
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 17, 2009
      I'll be brief in my reply as I don't think its either of our
      intentions to get into some big conversation about this. I think its
      one thing to mention something like that verbally to someone you know
      well. Then the intended meaning is likely to be clear. Outside of
      that though I think you are taking an unnecessary chance at offending
      someone, because there is no way to convey this in writing that will
      be taken the same by all readers. And when you are talking about a
      group being involved, one trying to have a good public image for its
      museum, etc. I think its best just not to go there at all. Thats my
      2 cents, and I'll leave it at that.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Christian Liendo
      <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

      > I think there was a misinterpretation.
      >
      > For some people outside NY/NJ who may want to come, you can say.
      "Hey Sept 11 is on a Friday, if you come to NY you can see that on
      Friday and come to us on Sat/Sun"

      > For some people that might make them say, hey I can hit to good
      events at once.

      > It's like for people going to VCF in Cali, if another event was
      going on around the same time, you might want to go more because you
      can hit both events.

      > I don't think VCF should do anything special. I don't think there
      needs to be a memorial or anything, I mean there are like 10 in NY/NJ
      alone. But for some people, they may like that it falls around the
      same time because they can do more.