Bill Deg winner of 2009 RetroChallenge Winter Warmup, Upgrading Compaq Portable, Movie about the Epson PX-8 Laptop

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2009
      I forgot to tell everyone here...Remember that crazy Apple II Biorhythm
      movie I made a few weeks ago? I submitted it along with a more serious
      documentation and photos of the Biorhythm program I wrote for the Apple
      II (VCF E) to the RetroChallenge. I improved it slightly. It turns out
      that I was one of the 3 winners. I get a free RetroChallenge mouse
      pad. The movie makes a lot more sense after you read my blog on the
      subject.
      Here are the links:
      http://retrochallenge.net/2009/winter/news.html

      On a different subject, I have started creating a new "modern" PC that
      I am basing on the Intel i7 Core and other modern components, stuffed
      into an original Compaq Portable computer. I am going to replace the
      CRT with a same-sized LCD, etc. I know, it's a crime to vandalize an
      original with new parts, but just this once I beg your forgiveness.
      When I am done it will be smoking cool. I chose the Compaq Portable
      because I may not have to damage the case, there is a metal frame with
      holes and movable risers that should allow me to work within the chassis
      pretty much as is. I saved all of the original parts, so if I wanted to
      I could return the system to stock. In addition to the 7" LCD, I will
      have a full-sized monitor/dual monitor setup. I am also very much into
      new computers, and lately there have been advancements in technology
      worth exploring. It will be a "portable computer" with a modern touch.

      One last thing...I made another vintage computer movie last night. Just
      a short stock footage movie of my wife using an Epson PX-8 laptop:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_6Q7PNd1p8