RE: [midatlanticretro] Anyone realize this? (I didn't)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2009
      Message
      Well, it's not secret, I just didn't stop to think about it.

      Lehovec is still alive but he lives in L.A. so I doubt we could get him to VCF East.  Of course Peddle was willing to come and he also lives in California, but he's younger.

      The thing about Lehovec in the big picture of Camp Evans history, as it relates to computers, is that he didn't do the important IC work * while * here .... it wasn't until several years later when he was at a Massachusetts transistor company called Sprague.  Similar story to Hewlett .... HP was already underway when he passed through Camp Evans, but other than meeting Vollum here (who founded Tektronix), Hewlett didn't * do * anything of note when he was here (that we know of).