Re: [midatlanticretro] "Commuter" made by Visual Computer (was:Wanted list fo...

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2005
      Jim,

      Without opening it to check, yes I have the earlier model. Back whenever it
      was that I put up the one picture I also put up a couple of links for more
      info about this computer, click on the readme.txt. I believe I have the
      original documentation and DOS, etc. I believe that the original owner bought the
      computer in a DAK catalog blow out/liquidation in 1986, three years after
      production.

      vintagecomputer.net/visualcomputer/

      I am not planning on bringing this Saturday due to lack of space in my car.

      In a message dated 8/11/2005 10:31:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      jscheef@... writes:

      > Bill,
      >
      > I believe the Visual was one of the first 'small screen' DOS machines. It
      > predated the 16-line machines like the HP-110, Tandy 600, and Zenith
      ZP-150.