Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: MARCH events for 2009

    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 5, 2009
      Brian Cirulnick wrote:
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      >
      >> When I finally get around to it, my new band is going to be
      >>
      > called "The
      >
      >> Theremin Rangers"
      >> Bill
      >> -----------------------
      >>

      > Bill; if you're really into it, I know a guy who does synth music, he
      > hangs around a lot of Japanese synth artists, and I know he's into
      > Theremin *a lot*.
      >
      > http://artskool.biz/jem/ndkent/

      Interesting music. I sampled a bit.

      We talked about some sort of Sat or Friday night entertainment last year
      for VCF E. I was too busy with the computer part to do much about the
      music and nothing happened with it. We were also busy getting the
      museum ready. I would love it if someone made a vintage computer /
      electronics exhibit or recital happen. Maybe a talent show. ha ha

      Bill
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 6, 2009
        Jim Scheef wrote:
        > Bryan,
        >
        > Are we not a computer museum?

        Jim,

        Yes we are, but then the musicians could play remixes of chip
        tunes. Here is an example: http://www.slayradio.org . This is an
        internet radio station that just plays Commodore 64 remixes.

        Also the theremin is a very old electronic instrument created in 1919!

        Cheers,

        Bryan