Re: MARCH events for 2009

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 4, 2009

      wrote:

      > InfoAge doesn't have a kitchen. There are tables available, which
      have been
      > used for catering purposes in the past -- BUT -- the only
      appropriate rooms
      > are the ones which our exhibits / lectures / workshops will already
      be
      > using.
      >--------------------

      Now, maybe I haven't been following this thread properly, or I'm
      stupid (most likely scenario :-)), but, it seems to me that "dinner"
      can happen *after* the lectures are over, therefore, a "room" should
      be available to put up a couple of tables.

      Any half-decent pizza place has "catering". It's where some guy shows
      up with tins of food that are kept warm via sterno. You've all seen
      them at any office party or family get-together. The trays of pasta
      on legs with the can of sterno underneath.

      I'm sure there's a place in the area that's willing to deliver, and
      can provide meat-based as well as vegetarian dishes, so, unless
      anyone has some specific allergies, I'm sure we can acommodate.

      The rest of the affair is a few chairs, some foam plates, cups, ice
      and plasticware utensils, all of which can usually be provided by
      your catering service, depending upon how much you want to spend
      (most places throw in all that crap for free if you order enough
      food).

      All we need is the local yellow-pages from that area, and I could
      even do the research for you regarding finding a place that will
      deliver.

      ttyl
      Brian C.
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 6, 2009
        Jim Scheef wrote:
        > Bryan,
        >
        > Are we not a computer museum?

        Jim,

        Yes we are, but then the musicians could play remixes of chip
        tunes. Here is an example: http://www.slayradio.org . This is an
        internet radio station that just plays Commodore 64 remixes.

        Also the theremin is a very old electronic instrument created in 1919!

        Cheers,

        Bryan