Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH events for 2009

  • Bob Schwier
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 4, 2009
      Parties work because people will come to enjoy them. Those who need
      certain information can hobnob those who know, ect.
      Someone who actually lives in the local should scout out where to do
      such.
      bs

      Quoting Dan Roganti <ragooman@...>:

      > Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >

      > Message
      >
      > It's
      > not "final" yet, but more or less:
      >
      > April-ish:
      > MARCH Spring Fling
      > Sep.
      > 19-20: VCF East 6.0
      > Dec.-ish:
      > MARCH Holiday Party
      >
      > Any
      > other ideas of where else we can express our pieces of flair?
      >

      > I still think that VCF should have some kind of evening festivities,
      > IMHO, similar to Holiday party/Spring fling, perhaps on the
      > Sat.evening. You have people attending/exhibiting from a wider
      > region--that normally don't frequent this place--and a chance to sell
      > more tickets maybe. Having a festival usually means having some fun
      > 'till almost midnight, not just till 6pm.
      >

      > =Dan
      >

      > [ Steelers Six-Pack Superbowl= http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/ ]

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 6, 2009
        Jim Scheef wrote:
        > Bryan,
        >
        > Are we not a computer museum?

        Jim,

        Yes we are, but then the musicians could play remixes of chip
        tunes. Here is an example: http://www.slayradio.org . This is an
        internet radio station that just plays Commodore 64 remixes.

        Also the theremin is a very old electronic instrument created in 1919!

        Cheers,

        Bryan