Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH events for 2009

    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 3, 2009
      maybe a robot war or something like that.

      Dan Roganti wrote:

      > Old ? I hack till past midnite after a days work--but not everyday,
      > I'm getting up there too :)
      >
      > One possibility is to have the dinner moved up to Fri.nite and leave
      > Sat.nite open for the evening entertainment--and food :)
      > But maybe not everyone is in town yet by then.
      >
      > Another is to move the dinner to late nite after the Sat evening
      > entertainment--with just some snacks to hold everyone's appetite till
      > dinner, maybe at 10 or 11pm
      >
      > =Dan
      > [ = http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/ ]
      >

      > Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >> I must be getting old:
      >>
      >> What more do you propose, that won't kill us all?
      >>

      > Jim Scheef wrote:
      >> I don't recall Saturday nite as a black hole. Don't we have a
      >> traditional pizza party for the exhibitors?
      >>
      >> Oh, ok. Yes, my brain is atrophying. The pizza must be Friday nite after
      >> setup. There must be pizza in there somewhere or I would never attend.
      >>
      >> I like Dan's idea. A more formal(ly planned) activity for Saturday
      >> evening would be good. Filling this 'empty' time slot would encourage
      >> people from further afield (assuming anyone has any money left by
      >> September) and increase multi-day attendance. We have time to think
      >> about this...

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 6, 2009
        Jim Scheef wrote:
        > Bryan,
        >
        > Are we not a computer museum?

        Jim,

        Yes we are, but then the musicians could play remixes of chip
        tunes. Here is an example: http://www.slayradio.org . This is an
        internet radio station that just plays Commodore 64 remixes.

        Also the theremin is a very old electronic instrument created in 1919!

        Cheers,

        Bryan