Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH events for 2009

    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 3, 2009
      I don't recall Saturday nite as a black hole. Don't we have a
      traditional pizza party for the exhibitors?

      Jim

      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > I must be getting old: after months of preparation, then Friday night
      > setup, and knowing that Sunday will also be long ... I'm usually ready
      > for a good night's sleep after dinner that Saturday!

      > *From*: Dan Roganti
      > *Date*: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:32:36 -0500
      > *To*: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      > *Subject*: Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH events for 2009
      >

      > Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >> It's not "final" yet, but more or less:
      >>
      >> April-ish: MARCH Spring Fling
      >> Sep. 19-20: VCF East 6.0
      >> Dec.-ish: MARCH Holiday Party
      >>
      >> Any other ideas of where else we can express our pieces of flair?
      >
      > I still think that VCF should have some kind of evening festivities,
      > IMHO, similar to Holiday party/Spring fling, perhaps on the Sat.evening.
      > You have people attending/exhibiting from a wider region--that normally
      > don't frequent this place--and a chance to sell more tickets maybe.
      > Having a festival usually means having some fun 'till almost midnight,
      > not just till 6pm.
      >
      > =Dan
      >
      > [ Steelers Six-Pack Superbowl= http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman
      > / ]

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 6, 2009
        Jim Scheef wrote:
        > Bryan,
        >
        > Are we not a computer museum?

        Jim,

        Yes we are, but then the musicians could play remixes of chip
        tunes. Here is an example: http://www.slayradio.org . This is an
        internet radio station that just plays Commodore 64 remixes.

        Also the theremin is a very old electronic instrument created in 1919!

        Cheers,

        Bryan